Monday, November 25, 2013

Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa



I probably should be thinking about something seasonal, what with it being Thanksgiving week and all, but no... Still stuck on corn, apparently. Since the last recipe I got around to posting was a little bit time-consuming, I figured I'd follow up with one that is crazy simple. I'm a big fan of Chipotle, and while living in Baltimore I absolutely ate way too many burritos and burrito bowls than any human should consume. Now that we're living in Texas, Chipotle has gone a bit by the wayside in favor of abundant Tex Mex alternatives, but I do still crave their delicious corn salsa from time to time. This recipe makes a big batch of salsa (though I'm not sure it's technically salsa) which I saved in the fridge for my own homemade burrito bowls and salads. It may not be a perfect knockoff, but I think it's definitely close enough.


Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa

Ingredients

12 oz. bag of frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
3/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 jalapeƱos, seeds removed, chopped
Juice of 1 lime, plus some zest
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Directions
 
Combine all ingredients. Hard, I know.

1 comment: