Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Perfect Travel Outfit (and Some Damn Good Pizza)


Someone once gave me the sage advice that, when traveling, "No one in sweatpants has ever been bumped to first class". You have to admit, they were probably right. This little tidbit, combined with my own true belief that how you dress for travel sets the tone for the entire journey, has led me to leave the comfort of college sweatpants behind and embrace a more put-together approach. If you've ever approached a break-of-dawn flight with dirty hair and baggy sweats, I bet you also found yourself feeling gross and groggy for most of that day.  The caveat to this, of course, is that comfort is such a high priority; so what's the answer? Well, the answer is that I'm a straight up genius, y'all. The End.

Okay, maybe not quite; but I do think this outfit was absolutely perfect for eighteen long hours en route to Italy. Here's why:

1. Maxi dresses, particularly jersey ones, are just as comfy as sweatpants.
2. Maxi dresses with bra tops mean (hallelujah!) you may not need a bra.
3. Buttoning up this chambray shirt kept me warm on the cold plane.
4. This same shirt could be tied up over the dress for a cute outfit.
5. Flat sandals are comfy, as well as easy to take on and off (pack socks in your purse for long flights).
6. A side braid is comfy against the headrest, and can be quickly redone to look presentable.


The first thing we did after landing in Naples was head to the city's most highly reputed pizza joint, Da Michele. Their pizza is famous worldwide, despite their unwavering dedication to serving up only two options: Margherita or Marinara. Even at 3:30, the line was staggering, and we waited for over an hour. Once inside, we ordered one of each, and they were fired in a traditional brick oven and served within minutes. They were both absolutely fantastic, and most definitely worth the wait. The chef was impressed with our appetites, and let me take a pic of him doing his thing. As our first taste of Italy, it was everything I dreamed of and more.


dress // chambray (on sale!) // sunglasses // sandals (also on sale!)

3 comments:

  1. I totally love this post!!! Really great inspiration! tell me if you would like to follow each other? I follow you back for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maxi dress is gorgeous and that pizza look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete