Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ultimate chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting



Last night, I cooked dinner for three of my friends as the first installation of our new monthly dinner parties. I had originally intended to post the menu today, however, I later decided that the dessert deserved a post all it's own. I decided to make a truly decadent cupcake, and try my hand at filling them for the first time. I started with an Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake recipe (with chocolate ganache filling), but replaced it's chocolate-overload icing with this recipe for Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting to provide a nice contrast. They turned out rich, dense and delicious... in my opinion, the best cupcakes I've made to date.




5 comments:

  1. Thanks love for following me! I just returned the favor :)

    And those cupcakes look soooo good! Chocolate is my fave!

    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so these cupcakes were delicious, and possibly your best to date, but your other cupcakes have been pretty amazing as well...
    like the cookies and cream cupcake with the oreo on the bottom, or the pumpkin cupcakes. mmmmm so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look amazing and I can't wait to try them. I love cupcakes... they're the perfect dessert.

    http://louboutinsinlalaland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cupcakes are so sweet !! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really really moist and yummy!!

    Sometimes I bake - but really only to take photographs of the baked goods once they're done -they photograph so nicely!!

    Check out my space if you get a chance:
    www.TheFashionableESQ.blogspost.com

    Here's my link to the cookies post I did a while back: http://thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/2011/03/big-style-post-is-way-overdue.html

    ReplyDelete