Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Joshua Tree: Cholla Cactus Garden



It's National Parks Week, and I'm excited to finally post some pictures from Laura and I's trip to Joshua Tree! This beautiful park has so much to explore, but without question the top of my to-do list was the Cholla Cactus Garden. I knew the light would be perfect just before sunset, and Laura kindly obliged my desire to take a lot of pics. I barely even edited the photos because they came out so beautifully.

I accidentally learned why they call these cacti "jumping chollas", as a cute little ball of pain jumped from a nearby plant to my forearm. I'm smiling in the photo, not knowing I'd be picking the little pricks out of my skin for over a month. That aside, I highly recommend checking this place out, and spending some time wandering amongst these unique and beautiful cacti.









No comments:

Post a Comment