Cinnamon Sugar Buttermilk Waffle Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 T. melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 t. cinnamon and 1 t. granulated sugar, mixed together
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, buttermilk, egg, and 1 t. of the vanilla extract. Add the melted butter.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Grease a waffle iron with a small amount of butter. Pour batter into mold and cook to waffle iron's timing, each is different.
- Immediately after removing the waffle, sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.