Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Where to Eat & Drink in Tulum


Gitano - The Gypsy Disco

I wanted to go into a little more depth with the restaurants and bars we loved during our trip to Tulum, and also to share some photos that help do these beautiful places justice. The setting and decor at each added so much to the experience, and were almost as important as the delicious food. The design and decor in this town is so on point; I wanted my house to look like pretty much every place.

Posada Margherita

Great for lunch or dinner, the view is unbeatable, and the food is fresh and delicious. Italian is a bit unexpected along the coast of Mexico, but it was fantastic nonetheless. We had an assortment of fresh foccacia and handmade pastas on their beachfront terrace, and of course some cocktails to enjoy with the view.


Coqui Coqui

If this hotel hadn't been booked up for ages, I would have loved to stay here. The interiors are so perfect, and the whole property feels like a secluded little spa. We only had a drink here and hung out at their beach, but this is the place for a massage or spa treatment, and check out their perfumery as well.


Hartwood

This restaurant is, in my opinion, the real gem of the town. I loved it so much that I bought their cookbook, which is stunning from cover to cover. Started by an American husband and wife who wanted to leave it all behind and follow their passion, this place has the freshest, most inventive foods around. You have to line up every day by 3:00pm, when the hostess assigns tables and tells you whether or not you've gotten in. Thankfully after that you can leave to walk around til about 7:00. 

My sneaky favorite dish was the jicama salad, and I don't even love jicama! We also ate langoustine salad and the freshest ever ceviche. Another unexpected highlight for me was the smoked beet with a puree of crack... or whatever that was. Their all-day slow cooked goat ribs are the restaurants staple, and they were fall-off-the-bone tendre and full of sweet and spicy flavor. We drank way too many pitchers of watermelon cocktails as well. The chef came out for a while to have a drink with us, and it was really cool to chat with him about the restaurant and food. 


Gitano

Finally, my favorite place for a drink was Gitano. Their decor and ambiance was unrivaled (see first pic of this post), and they had a huge selection of freshly made cocktails. We had a relaxed evening here, then later meandered to another bar for more of a late-night scene, but I could have stayed all night.


I had high hopes for this trip, and it somehow still exceeded my expectations. Most people who know me know that I press people to go here all. the. time. I'm not going to stop anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. The interior view of this hotel is just amazing. I can't just imagine if some hotels could present such a comfortable and cultural view. I am obsessed with the beauty and insight of these pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the necesary information about hotel and eatries in the Tulum. It serves as a perfect way to guide newcomers so that they can enjoy their journey without having any trouble.

    ReplyDelete