Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tangerine Sorbet Prosecco Float


When I surprised Adam with this cocktail the other night, upon first taste, his response was, "Now that tastes like summer". He couldn't have been more right; with the Maryland weather refusing to embrace springtime (let alone summer), we just had to create our own sunshine.

After tangerine and prosecco paired so well in a previous cocktail, I decided to give it another go, but with a different spin. I hadn't busted out my trusty ice cream maker yet this year, so I thought I'd dust it off for some homemade tangerine sorbet. Then I thought: why not douse that sorbet in prosecco for an even better treat? I was right, it really was better with alcohol.

You really don't need to make your own sorbet, I just get a little crazy sometimes and can't stop myself. Also, you could serve this the way I intended, as a float, or go for Adam's method of immediately stirring everything together for more of a classic cocktail. Either way, it is so refreshing and satisfying, and really does taste just like summer.



Tangerine Sorbet Prosecco Float

1 ice cream scoop of tangerine sorbet, store-bought or homemade
4 oz. prosecco or champagne (if you fancy)

Do you really need directions? No I did not think so.


Tangerine Sorbet

2 cups fresh tangerine juice (or store-bought)
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. lemon juice

Strain tangerine juice into a large bowl to remove pulp and seeds.
Add lemon juice and sugar to the bowl, stir until dissolved.
Process in ice cream maker.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy and refreshing! You have a wonderful blog, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete