Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bold, Bodycon & Bubbly

Dress: Topshop, Shoes: Target
This post has actually been making me giggle the whole time I've been putting it together. Why? Because, as it turns out, when you try to take some quick photos after a bottle of Veuve Clicquot (yum), this is what you get. Actually, this is the best of what you get; the rest of the photos, however, are hiarious. Basically, it goes like this: blurred picture with bad lighting, picture of my butt with laser focus, picture of Adam making a face, blurry with bad lighting... you get the idea. Moving on. 

I decided to post these photos anyhow because we had a lot of fun, the bubbly was delicious, and I loved this dress for a night out in NY. With bold colors, an even bolder pattern, and a bodycon cut, this Topshop number is not for the faint of heart. I knew instantly it would be crammed into my weekender for the city, and it was perfect for an unbelievable dinner at Spice Market and, of course, champagne. Read on for my restaurant review.


Spice Market
What we Ordered,and Loved!

I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting NYC. The decor looked like something from a Bond movie; imagining a gorgeous Southeast Asian Bond girl gracefully descending the impressive staircase was hardly a stretch. The ambience was stunning, and the food was nothing short of amazing. Adam's favorite part was the Chicken Samosas, while mine was the Ginger Fried Rice (which I have been closing my eyes and reliving the taste of ever since). The only item I wouldn't splurge for again would be the lobster, as it didn't quite live up to its price tag. If you're ever in NY, you won't regret spending an evening at the Spice Market like 007.

Charred Chili Rubbed Beef Skewers with Thai Basil Dipping Sauce

Spiced Chicken Samosas with Cilantro Yogurt

Ginger Fried Rice

Vietnamese Chicken Curry

Maine Lobster, Butter Fried Garlic, Ginger and Dried Chili

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment