Monday, December 10, 2012

subtle sparkle


I'm truly terrible at painting my nails. I shouldn't be, really. I'm artistic, my entire profession is based on fine motor skills, and I'm good at most detail-oriented tasks. There is one other factor, though: I'm lazy and I really don't care that much. Anyone who knows me would probably describe my nails as tattered, chipped, and an all-around mess. But I do really love my Urban Outfitters polish called Ashtray (lovely, I know), so I decided to go for it. Then I thought, let's sprinkle some gold glitter on there too; why not? They still look like a bit of a hot mess, but the idea was a solid one. Just paint two coats of polish, and while the second one dries, sprinkle some glitter on the cuticle area. Ta da! A little holiday cheer.


2 comments:

  1. I love it. It doesn't look like a mess to me! Thanks for the fun idea.
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete