Wednesday, September 5, 2012

turkey burgers with bacon jam, brie & homemade pretzel rolls


How can you possibly read the name of this burger and not immediately want to take a gigantic, mouth-stuffing bite of heaven? You can't. Not possible. You combine gooey melted brie with sweet and savory bacon, and stuff it all inside a pretzel roll. It's sinful, really. Bacon Jam made an appearance in its (rightfully) own Gingersnaps post recently, but I couldn't leave you without an idea of what to slather it on, so I decided to write a post about the burgers. I apologize that I only had two very average photos to share, but I was too busy stuffing my face.

While I came up with the idea for the burger myself (uuuhthank you!), taking your first stab at pretzel-making is best left to precise recipe-copying, so I went with these Bretzel Rolls. Despite using turkey instead of a more satisfying fatty meat, these burgers were not lacking an ounce of flavor, and were well worth the effort. Besides, I dipped about six leftover pretzel rolls in my finally-opened Guinness Mustard, appropriately purchased in Ireland last September (so worth the effort).



No comments:

Post a Comment