Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the aran islands

 
As fast as summer flew by, September is somehow slipping away even faster. I have no idea how we are suddenly nineteen days in, and I've barely posted anything. This month feels like a slump to me, because I have about 100 recipes and outfits and other things I had intended to post for summer but never got around to; however, I'm not yet ready for fall. I decided to look back at September of last year to see what I was doing at this time.

Lo and behold, I was in Ireland! I never got around to sharing photos from some of my favorite places on the Emerald Isle, and the Aran Islands definitely falls into that category. The setting is so quaint and isolated that it's impossible to imagine people actually live in such a secluded environment, but they actually do. From breathtaking scenery to furry friends and amazing seafood, the Aran Islands have so much to offer. It is one of the most magically moody and captivating places I have ever been, and I would go back in a heartbeat. So, I'll flash back to 2011 and share them with you now, reminiscing... wishing... wanting... missing.

The beautifully rugged landscape fading into the sea.
The most adorable thatched-roof Irish cafe.
Just stunning.
A Celtic cross watching over the island.
Can this be my house? If you lived here, you wouldn't need much.
The most deliciously rich seafood chowder with freshly baked Irish soda bread biscuits.
One of my favorite photos from the trip.

Cliffs jutting out into the ocean--a mesmerizing, deep blue unlike any I've seen.
Loved this sign, weathered by the ocean wind.
The weather changed by the minute, from ominous to brilliant sunshine and back again.
Another one of my {random} favorite shots.
Oh, hello you!
Are you being coy with me?
The sweetest little seafood shack.
Bright and colorful.
Amazingly moody.

3 comments:

  1. wow these are beautiful!! that picture of the ocean cliffs is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos in your post. Will share a link on the Aran Islands Facebook page.
    John.

    ReplyDelete