Friday, December 2, 2016

30.30.60 Party



As hard as it is for me to come to terms with, I turned 30 this summer. I'm not sure how that happened, since I'm pretty sure I was 23 just a few months ago, but it did. Because this milestone fell right after Adam's 30th, and right before my mother-in-law Jan's 60th, we decided this trifecta was occasion for a seriously big-time party.

With the help of our sweet planner, Beth from 36th Street Events, we selected the very cool and impeccably decorated South Congress Hotel for the venue. The hotel's vibe is in line with my style, and the event space itself was a totally blank indoor/outdoor slate. Every guest I spoke with was blown away by the in-house catering; from the selection of passed appetizers to the taco bar, raw bar, and the underdog favorite selection of salads, every bit of food was truly fine-dining quality. Along with the must-have open bar, we each had a signature cocktail, each of which was incredibly made by the bar team.

We worked with Loot Vintage Rentals to design custom soft seating areas throughout the space, complete with midcentury modern furniture, mixed pattern textiles, and vintage rugs (swoon!). I wanted to take literally everything home for my house. They also provided a gorgeous wood bar, beautiful hanging pieces like the picture below, and plenty of accessories. Most guests were shocked when I told them the furniture setups weren't a permanent part of the space.

The entertainment was a blast as the band, Blind Date, was absolutely perfect, covering a huge range of crowd-pleasing music from classic throwbacks to Beyonce. And of course, a Smilebooth never hurts, either. Having a joint party ended up being hugely fun, as it mixed all kinds of people together for one big celebration, and it was definitely one for the ages.


Dress: For Love & Lemons

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog, and I’m in LOVE with it! Amazing layout an content.
    Love your style, you rock!♥
    Regards
    Walkindiscount.com

    ReplyDelete