Monday, July 14, 2014

Kew Gardens



Kew Gardens has been on my bucket list since I first learned of its existence. After spending countless afternoons walking two young boys through the gardens, Adam's mom is certain that this is her favorite place on earth. Because enjoyment of a place is so inextricably linked to the memories there, I wasn't expecting to love this place as much as Jan was sure I would... but I did. I could have spent days covering every inch of the place, and lying in the grass enjoying the perfect temperature and sunshine (a rare treat).

Located just an easy tube ride away from downtown London, and one stop shy from Adam's childhood home, the gardens provided an amazing solo retreat from the city. My favorite part was unquestionably the Palm House, with Kew's charming, iconic spiral staircases. It was certainly a bonus that my visit just happened to coincide with the most picturesque day imaginable, but I'm so happy I made the quick trip, and would return in a heartbeat.

The Temperate House
The Pagoda
Outside of the Palm House
Inside the gorgeous Palm House - the light! the colors!
The cutest staircase, maybe ever
A hodge podge of iPhone pics
I mean... seriously
Kew Palace


1 comment:

  1. I've been many times, its a lovely place to visit, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete