Thursday, July 17, 2014

Eve's Garden Bed & Breakfast {Marathon, TX}



Adam and I made a trip out to West Texas a while back, and stopped for a quick but restful retreat in the 430 person town Marathon, TX. Seriously, 430 people in the whole town! I wish I could explain how much we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this quirky little desert town, and how we were blown away by the kind nature and simple lives of the people who live there.

We stayed at the most magical little dwelling I have ever seen: Eve's Garden Organic Bed and Breakfast. The entire rainbow abode is made from recycled materials, including scrapped paper sourced from businesses in nearby towns. The family who owns it builds the structure themselves, and are constantly incorporating on fun new additions. I know that the likelihood of a reader traveling to this little desert town is remote, but at the very least, the pictures provide some fun and colorful eye candy.

The cutest pink entrance to our room's courtyard
So much turquoise, all for us. My heaven!
The owner's super cute truck
The front entrance to the B&B
The front garden
My favorite part: one of the main indoor/outdoor courtyards, complete with a greenhouse

Communal courtyard for enjoying a cup of coffee or a cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment