Thursday, June 27, 2013

Newlywed Picnic in the Park


When something as incomparably monumental as a marriage happens, returning to real life seems inconceivable. The buildup to the event, and the overwhelming emotion of the weekend, culminates in the most perfect way... but then what? Adam and I were so fortunate to be able to take two weeks off surrounding the wedding to just relax and enjoy Baltimore before we depart. The week before was helpful for prep, but the week after was so special and memorable in its own way. While there was an awful lot of celebrating, and way too many drinks, there were abundant sweet, quiet moments together as well.

Spending an afternoon together with a picnic at Fort McHenry was a romantic afternoon that I won't soon forget. We drank champagne, ate cheese and baguettes, and talked endlessly about our perfect wedding day. I loved approximately one million photos we took, so believe it or not, this is edited. It's safe to say we're still on cloud nine.

Tomorrow, we depart for our road trip to Austin, TX. It's a big move, but we couldn't be more excited! We'll keep you posted on what the vast expanse of I-40 has to offer. Goodbye, Charm City! 


4 comments:

  1. This is just WAY too cute! Your little picnic bag is gorgeous!

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stunningly beautiful! I just had to tell you! And I have a question, do you use a curling iron to get those pretty waves? Love them :)

    Julia
    Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much! Julia I do use a curling iron... it is nothing more than a cheap Conair 1 1/4" barrel that I got at CVS years ago. I do use the clip on the iron (I know people are really into the wands right now), and just curl away from my face then finger-brush everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous!! Love your style =)

    ReplyDelete