Friday, September 16, 2016

Iced Horchata Latte



Because I lack self control with any kind of spending, I've been trying to set rules for myself.  One of these rules is to stop spending money on coffee outside of the house. I'm in love with my Nespresso, and for my birthday Adam got me a great milk frother to go with it, so I can make as he calls it "frothy coffees" at home. This Iced Horchata Latte is to die for, and doesn't make me miss Starbucks in the slightest.


Iced Horchata Latte 

1 cup rice milk
1/3 cup almonds
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t vanilla extract
Sugar or sweetener, optional
1 shot espresso

Directions

To make the horchata milk, blend first four ingredients in a blender and strain. Since you're going to the effort, you can easily double the recipe to make more and store in the fridge.

Pour over ice and espresso.

Optional: blend the milk on the cold setting with the latte frother before pouring over the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment