Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Smashing Pumpkin Halloween Cocktail




Say what? Is this a Gingersnaps post? Why yes, yes it is. In my infinitely fluctuating decision process of continuing this blog, or saving time and money on a simpler lifestyle, it seems that I always choose the route of maintaining a creative outlet. Hmm... Are black sanding sugar and plastic pumpkin head skeletons a necessity? Of course they are! Anyway... I have a lot of posts lined up, just waiting to be shared. After walking away from Gingersnaps for several months, I caught the site of some travel photos I had shared, and I fell in love with them all over again. 

I rushed to post this before Halloween, because I just had to share this delicious cocktail before the season passed me by.  It's simple, delicious, festive, and packs a serious punch; what more could you ask for? Adam and I are hosting friends for a Halloween dinner, and I can't wait to serve up this tasty but deadly treat.


Smashing Pumpkin Cocktail

Black sanding sugar
1.5 oz. good quality bourbon
1 oz. canned pumpkin
Juice of 1 clementine
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. maple syrup
Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, or nutmeg

Directions

Create small pile of black sanding sugar on a flat plate. Wet rim of glass with water, or for a longer lasting stick use corn syrup. Dip in black sanding sugar.

Combine remaining ingredients in shaker with ice, shake, and strain into cocktail glass.

Garnish with Halloween decor, if desired.







No comments:

Post a Comment