Saturday, August 15, 2015

Keukenhof Gardens



Just a short bus ride from the city of Amsterdam, Keukenhof Gardens is one of the largest flower gardens in the world. Adam and I visited the gardens in April, during the peak season for viewing its seven million flowers in all their colorful glory. The Netherlands is, of course, known for its tulips, which dominate the gardens. There are literally hundreds of different species, each with perfectly cultivated blooms larger than my outstretched hand. For real: tulips larger than my hand!

The gardens are more beautiful than I can possibly describe, and even Adam admitted to having a great day walking amongst the fields and displays. Definitely visit in the spring, as the fields were rainbow-striped as far as the eye can see. Get ready for a barrage of flower + boot photos, as I felt that including my favorite 5050s would help show the colossal size of these beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment