Monday, February 25, 2013

wanderlust


The word wanderlust is definitely trendy right now, at least as much as a word can be trendy, I suppose; but what does it really mean? For me, it describes the perpetual, overwhelming desire to see as much of the world as possible in my lifetime. Given unlimited funds, I would spend most of my life on the go, seeing and experiencing as many places as humanly possible. Given my current state as a dental resident, I'm stuck relying on more sparse trips and buckets of online research and mental vacations. Enter Conde Nast Traveler, who recently released their list of the Top 100 Hotels & Resorts in the World. I can. not. stop. browsing each and every photo on this little list of wanderlust-heaven. If you're like me, and could use a little mental vacation to endure your work day, check out this list of some of the most beautiful, unbelievable places on the planet. Here are a few that topped my daydreaming list.

Hotel Santa Caterina, Amalfi

Ciragan Palace, Istanbul

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Beaver Creek

Londolozi, Kruger National Park

Perivolas, Santorini

Qualia, Great Barrier Reef (#1!)

2 comments: